The Jessamine Youth Soccer Association (JYSA) is operated by volunteers and funded solely by income generated by player registration fees, concession sales, donations, and sponsorships. The organization receives no local, state, or federal operational funding. Volunteer support is critical to JYSA’s success
The following volunteer opportunities are available:
- Coach – Serves as the primary coach for a team. Responsibilities include attending coach’s meeting, scheduling and leading practices, coaching games, and mostly importantly, making sure the players have fun.
- Assistant Coach – Supports the coach in his/her duties and serves as a backup when the coach is unavailable.
- Team Manager – Serve as a liaison for the team among parents, coaches, and JYSA representatives. Responsibilities may include serving as a contact for document collection and completion, gathering/distributing items or information, coordinates and documents volunteer activities, and supports other administrative tasks for the team.
- Field Day – Join JYSA on a designated Saturday prior to the start of the season to prepare the fields for games. Activities include removing rocks from the field, field lining, placement of goals and benches, clean and prepare concession stand, and other preparation of the facilities as needed.
- Field Lining – One 2 hour commitment on a Friday at 6pm at John Preece Park.
- Complex Maintenance – Pick-up trash around the fields/parking lot and check/empty trash receptacles before/after your player’s game for one week.
- Spring Fling – Support the Spring Fling Coordinator in planning and/or staffing the activities at Spring Fling. Typical activities include preparing/distributing food/drinks, staffing booths, inflatables, and other activities during the event. (Spring season only)
If you have another skill or idea about how you can enhance the JYSA organization, please contact the JYSA president.